Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Superb Owl Day

Hello BLOGOSPHERE! I'm still here! You can't get rid of me!

I don't write much anymore, because interesting things don't happen to me that often. But that all changed last weekend. On Sunday, the day of the Superb Owl, I saw just that...a SNOWY OWL. What? Yes. There it is: 


There are two Snowy Owls that have been seen in Dodge County, MN recently, so I went out with a team of owl chasers (consisting of grad students, undergrads, and small children), and we spotted this beauty. Unfortunately we did not find the second owl. But we did find some other cool birds on our journey, such as: Common Redpolls, American Tree Sparrows, American Black Ducks, Common Goldeneyes, Common Mergansers, Canada Geese, a Cackling Goose, and a few roadside Red-tailed Hawks and Bald Eagles.

Woo hoooooooo!


Yours truly,
Bird Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment